Habits: Save Yourself From Mindless Routines
Good habits lead to mastery. Bad habits are mindless routines that sabotage your life. How do you save yourself from being sabotaged by bad habits? Content How Are Habits Formed? The Habit Loop Keystone […]
49 WAYS YOU CAN BE HAPPIER RIGHT NOW.
1. Control digital distractions. Set a time window each day to reply to phone calls and mails.
2. Avoid the Maximizing Mindset. Stop chasing for the best, the fastest and the prettiest. Stop seeking perfection.
3. Have at least 8 hours of sleep a day.
4. Meditate. Start with 15 minutes a day.
5. Do aerobic exercises daily.
Chief Elation Officer
Stuart Lim (Soon Wah) served with several Multi-National Corporations during his 9 to 5 years.
Wide spectrum experience in employee services, employee communications, facilities management, program management and Controls.
Super powers: Creativity, Empathy and Humor.
Likes a good joke. Both ways.
Gets high turning ideas into cartoons, designs and words.
Armed with a Nikon 750, shoots small wildlife.
Now serving six family members and two dogs.
Wants to continue being of value.
Sharing instant life experience, built over years.
Clearing the undergrowth that blocks the path to a positive life experience.
Get Your Free Tool
Continuing... 49 WAYS YOU CAN BE HAPPIER RIGHT NOW.
6. Get some sunlight. 2-4 hours day is good.
7. Keep a Gratitude Journal. Find something or someone to be grateful for each day. If you can identify (seriously) 3-7, it is excellent for your mental health.
8.Don't do more. Do the more important.
9. Eat intentionally. Have an eating plan.
10. Kill your worries with remedial actions. Even a single action a day will keep the worrying at bay.
11. Learn something new. Keep learning.
12. Look for positives in negatives. Setbacks are lessons for success.
13. Embrace nature. Stop to smell the flowers.
14. Take a break. Go somewhere new. Meet new people. Engage.
15. Do a random act of kindness. Help someone in some way today.
16, Praise someone who serves you today. Even at home.
17. Join a cause. Engage with a community.
18. Don't overthink. Just carry out your plan.
19. If you have to grieve, give yourself time to grieve.
20. Uncover the purpose for the rest of your life. Write it down. Read and reread.
21. Set three challenging and specific goals to achieve within a year.
22. Donate what you can afford right now to a worthy cause of your choice.
23. Sincerely express your love to your family.
24. if you must compare. Make a downward comparison. Read Neal Roese's book, "If Only."
25. Compete with your last acheivement. Commit to a step improvement.
26. Learn to say "No" and feel good. See the good from your "No."
27. Smile. Often.
28. Identify and change your bad habits. One at a time.
29. It's a truth. "Today is the first day for the rest of your life." Know that you can start to live to a better script.
30.Choose that which will make you happy.
31. Take up an immersive and enjoyable hobby, e.g. photography.
32. Appreciate your blessings and achievements.
33. Teach a younger person something positive you have learned in your life.
34. Mind your thinking language. Use thought words that empower. Such as "I choose to..." instead of "I have to..."
35. Find out more about your brain. There is a wealth of books and other materials to educate you.
36. Listen to positive, helpful podcasts. Get ideas. Get inspiration.
37. Protect your power to choose. Actively choose to choose every time.
38. Accept defeat as an impetus to seek victory.
39. "Re-live" your best family moments.
40. Eliminate the trivial many. Focus on the vital few.
41. Focus on the present. Review your future plans daily and reflect on what you have done daily on a fixed schedule.
42. "Re-live" your best moments in life regularly.
43. Keep friends who are positive influence.
44. Be a success broker. Aspire to be known as someone who helps people succeed.
45. Speak behind somone's back. Only the good stuff.
46. Promote happiness in others.
47. Engage in meaningful work.
48. Accept uncertainty as part of life. Be as prepared as you can. Don't worry about what yopu can't.
49. Trust yourself. You are the best person to live your life.
Next Change: 99 WAYS YOU CAN BE HAPPIER RIGHT NOW.